At the Laser Centre, we are continually researching and reviewing local companies throughout Canada. Our goal is to provide you with the best information available so you can get the best service.
Laser treatments are a very personal thing and can be a bit of an experience. I have had a tattoo removal service done recently and I was so glad I got it done and the place I did. They were awesome to me and it made the experience that much better.
Calgary has a number of really great options when it comes to getting laser therapy of any kind. When it comes to laser hair removal you want to make sure that you are working with someone who knows what they are doing, and someone who can work with you and your body to get the best results.
Things You Should Know about the Industry.
Every Laser Hair Clinic will have different policies and practices. You need to make sure that you read the contracts, and get a sense of how things will go. You need to know about their cancellation policies and their payment structures. Most clinics will also have a scheduling procedure and it will be best if that fits with your life.
- They won’t usually book appointments through email, only through their online portals or over the phone.
- They all have some kind of cancellation policy, usually, 24 hours notice or a fee will be charged.
- They usually want you to shave the area 12 hours prior to the appointment.
- Don’t bring children to the appointment
- You will have to wear protective eye treatment. So make sure you are prepared for that.
- Each place will have different policies when it comes to transferring gift cards and purchased treatments. Make sure before you pay you are aware of these policies. We have seen people pay for multiple treatments only to find out after their first treatment that they cannot continue.
It is also important that everything is clean. Some places will try to cheap out on the standards and cleanliness. This is something that you want to pay for. Even if the service is a little more of a premium, you want to make sure they follow clean practices.
What Should I do Before My Treatment
When you book an appointment your treatment specialist will tell you what to do. You will also likely be given a checklist to make sure you are ready for whatever you are getting done.
Usually, you will shave 12 hours before the appointment. Some places are ok if the hair is a little longer than that but not usually. Numbing cream is also something that you can apply before the procedure, and trust me it helps.
How Many Treatments Will It take For the Hair to Be Gone?
This will vary greatly based on the area of the body that you are getting treated and the type of hair that you have. Most people find that 7-12 treatments are within the normal range for hair removal. It usually takes 6-8 weeks for the full set of treatments. Your hair grows in cycles so it takes time for each hair follicle to be exposed and then lasered.
Laser Hair Removal Calgary Price
Ok, so you are probably wondering what you will pay for laser treatment in the city of Calgary, and specifically hair removal treatment.
You’re going to need to expect each treatment to be in the $ 50-100 range and then you need to multiply that by the number of treatments that you will need. Larger body parts are more costly.
Many laser clinics offer promos and package deals so you need to look out for that. Groupons are also available, and you can find one HERE for Calgary.
Recommended Places in Calgary
The Laser Centre Canada recommends the following places in Calgary
- Illuminate Skin Therapies Laser Hair Removal Calgary